Helping Your Loved One Get the Nursing Home Benefits They Deserve While Legally Protecting Their Assets
Seniors face a number of challenges that go along with aging: declining capacity to handle personal and financial affairs, dementia from Alzheimer’s Disease and other causes, and nursing home admission, to name just a few. That is why careful planning by an experienced Florida elder law and estate planning attorney is essential.
Florida Elder Law Attorney and Estate Planning Lawyer, Barbara Buxton, has a Master of Laws degree in Estate Planning (LL.M.) and is devoted to helping seniors and adult children of aging parents meet these challenges. We help clients protect their assets and pass them on to heirs/beneficiaries; qualify for Florida Medicaid and other public benefit programs while legally preserving their assets; establish durable powers of attorney, living wills and healthcare directives; establish Florida guardianship when a senior can no longer make financial and healthcare decisions and need the court to appoint a guardian to act on their behalf; and plan for the future through customized wills, trusts and estate plans. In addition to handling all aspects of elder law, we will listen carefully to your concerns and patiently explain all information to you.
Our firm is committed to meeting the legal needs of the elderly and their families in Miami Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and other South Florida Counties. We offer elder law services to meet the needs of people who:
- Are trying to pay for nursing home costs or qualify for Medicaid;
- Have a loved one with Alzheimer’s Disease or another form of dementia;
- Recently lost a loved one and need to probate an estate;
- Provide for the long term care needs of the client¿s loved ones;
- Preserve assets for the benefit of the family;
- Reduce or eliminate the fear of impoverishment;
- Tap all existing resources of assistance to meet the cost of long term care;
- Need a guardianship for a loved one who can no longer handle personal affairs; and
- Want to plan for the future by executing estate planning documents (a will, power of attorney, living will / healthcare power of attorney and trusts;
- Balance estate planning, taxation, and long term care issues
We understand that many elder law issues can be emotional, frusterating, and further complicated for families when children live far away from their parents. Having a Florida elder law attorney and Florida Medicaid Lawyer can give you peace of mind and help guide you through such state-specific challenges as Florida Nursing Home Medicaid Planning, guardianship, asset protection and probate.
Our Elder Law Services in Miami, Aventura, North Miami Beach, Miami Springs, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale and throughout Dade and Broward County
We assist seniors and their families with:
- Advanced health care directives
- Asset protection from nursing home costs
- Durable Powers of attorney
- Estate planning
- Evaluation of nursing home abuse
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Health Care Surrogates and Living Wills
- Life Care Planning
- Medicaid Planning & Applications
- Medicaid Crisis Planning
- Medicaid Qualified Income Trusts
- Nursing home planning
- Planning for Disability and Incapacity
- Prenuptial and Post- nuptial Agreements
- Special needs trusts for disabled children and grandchildren
- Trust administration
- Wills and Trusts
Our elder law and estate planning law firm can help you or your loved ones understand the various government and private support programs including Florida Nursing Home Medicaid, Assisted Living Medicaid, Veteran’s Benefits, and Long-term care insurance to protect your life savings from the high cost of long-term care.
As a Florida Elder Law Attorney, Barbara Buxton enjoys working with elders and their families, and take a personal interest in each client. As part of our holistic approach to creating individual comprehensive plans, we routinely confer with care managers, accountants, physicians and financial planners to solve all issues regarding our clients. We can also provide recommendations for South Florida nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Please feel free to contact our office today if you or a family member would like legal assistance with elder law, Florida Medicaid planning and eligibility, guardianship, wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, estate planning, probate, or asset protection, Florida guardianship law, and would like to schedule an appointment to have your situation evaluated.
Our law firm is located convenient to Miami and Fort Lauderdale, in Aventura, Florida on Biscayne Boulevard between the Hallandale Beach Bouelvard exit and the Ives Dairy Road exit off of I-95. Other South Florida office locations are available. Telephone, home and hospital appointments are available.
If you or a family member needs an Aventura attorney, Guardianship, Probate Attorney Miami, Elder Law Attorney Miami, Florida Medicaid Attorney, Trusts and Estates Lawyer, Medicaid Planning, Estate Planning lawyer Miami, Asset Protection, Real Estate Lawyer Miami, or assistance with Nursing Home Medicaid benefits, Estate and Probate Administration, Inheritance,Trusts, Qualified Income Trusts, Special Needs Trust, Advance Directives, Powers of Attorney, Preparation of Wills and Trusts, Guardianship, Elder Law Attorney in Aventura, Miami, North Miami Beach, Miami Springs, Miami Shores, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, , please call 305-932-2293. We look forward to serving your legal needs.